Re: Re: Re: Re: Another worthless Baritone player

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on November 27, 2002 at 13:37:08:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Another worthless Baritone player posted by js on November 27, 2002 at 11:51:13:

I agree. Then why try to discipline him through the school? I happen to agree with the court that what a student says about a teacher outside of school is his business, but if he says it in a way that does actual damage to the teacher, then the teacher has legal recourse. If the injury was insufficient to warrant legal recourse, it probably should have been brought up to the parents and if they did nothing, dropped. The suspension was the wrong punishment to the wrong crime. There is no obligation on the part of students to respect teachers, there is only an obligation to show them respect at school, which isn't the same thing. There is an obligation not to impugn the professional reputation of someone without justification, but that is libel, not disrespect.

Rick "and the cost of the mouthpie...uhh, I mean laywer, should have been offered by the union, but then I believe that with sufficient motivation, pigs will indeed give aerial flight a go" Denney

Follow Ups: