Re: Re: in your dreams

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on November 27, 2002 at 14:42:48:

In Reply to: Re: in your dreams posted by Matt G on November 27, 2002 at 12:52:00:

The folks who play in National Guard bands are not necessarily at the same level as the premiere band guys. These instruments sound big to me, and will present quite a challenge to the advanced amateurs that usually play in such bands (I have a number of friends who do just that, so I hope I'm not coming across negatively--many of these players are at my level or a bit above it).

And, frankly, I don't care if money is no object. It's an object to me, and I expect the government to exercise the same care with it that I do, since the bill is coming to me.

Therefore, I would suggest four Miraphone 191's, and if these are too hard to play for the players in question, four King 2341's, though only if you can test them first. Both of these instruments are durable and easy to maintain and repair. They sound good, and play consistently without having to work at it too hard.

Rick "who doesn't think a NG band needs instruments designed for top European symphony pros who have to balance a giant professional orchestra all by themselves" Denney

Follow Ups: