Re: Re: Re: Re: Compare MW2145 to Getzon G50

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Debbie on November 04, 2003 at 11:03:55:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Compare MW2145 to Getzon G50 posted by Joseph(long!) on November 04, 2003 at 10:39:30:

Lots of good input. Thanks!!

Without a doubt we will put lots of weight on the input from his private teacher (who is a university professor and freelances profesionally here in Indianapolis.

I am very glad to hear that repairs would not be an issue.

While we certainly do not plan to make money on the tuba it would be nice to be able to sell it for *something* if he changes his mind in two years and decides he hates tuba. While obvioulsy we would not even be considering this if he did not seem serious, it is still true he is only 15. And frankly, we do not want him to ever feel "trapped" because we made this investment. Our deal with him is that if he continues to play and take lesons all four years of high school then his tuba (and trombone) are his. If he decides to quit they are ours.

We are leaning towards the Getzen (the more expensive of the two of course). What made a major impression on me in the hours we spent at the store was everytime I left the tuba room and came back it was the Getzen he was playing. I'm not sure he can articulate "why", but I am guessing it feels smoother or more comfotable to him.

His band direcot and orchestra direcotr will be working with him today. It willbe interesting to see what they have to say.

Debbie

Follow Ups: