Re: Re: Bach cello suites(please respond Mr.Yeo)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave Palmer on November 07, 2003 at 21:12:32:

In Reply to: Re: Bach cello suites(please respond Mr.Yeo) posted by Emory Powell on November 07, 2003 at 20:52:02:

Yes, but.....Keep in mind the BBb stereotype. If you can play it well on BBb and, like myself, enjoying playing BBb, then do it and stand your ground. But don't be suprised to hear "It would be better on CC." I'm not saying this is the repsonse you WILL get from Jim Self or anyone else. He may love it. You may ask "Why would it be better on CC?" and hear them out, but try to keep the emphasis on a general 'what do you think of my playing now?' and what techniques, excersises, etc. would they suggest you incorporate to improve yourself as a player. And so on and so forth......By the way, I have played for a few (un-named) pros and was encouraged (lightly warned) not to mention that I use BBb as may primary horn. So I played CC and F. Once was fairly recent and I (relunctantly) used the CC, but more as a favor for my teacher. Then again, you may find a CC that will start you on the road to being the next Jim Self. No promises either way.

Dave

Follow Ups: