Re: Re: TubaEuph Prof: gigs: Must be a Tubist??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CDB on November 09, 2003 at 12:47:46:

In Reply to: Re: TubaEuph Prof: gigs: Must be a Tubist?? posted by Another guess on November 08, 2003 at 11:22:44:

Well, coming from a "tuba" school, and going to another "tuba" school, i think that I know as much tuba solo rep as i do euph rep. Also, I weekly sit in rep classes that have other students playing through orchestra lists so i get that side of the picture too. So if I can play my instrument (euph), and know enough about tuba lit, and how to teach the tuba(i know there are differences), then why shouldn't I be considered for the job. If i'm a good teacher, surely one of my best students would be able to play in any quintet. All of these responses I have seen have a valid point, but they also assume that every euphonium player sits around in euphonium land listening to steven mead and looking over band excerpts; and has no idea what is going on with tuba. If you look at most successful teachers, yeah they are good players, but they are also usually intelligent. They know all of this stuff becuase they know they should for the job. So if i'm intelligent, and I know all of this stuff is required for the job, why can't I do it too?

Follow Ups: