Re: How can i make my parents realize.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Debbie on November 10, 2003 at 22:00:51:

In Reply to: How can i make my parents realize....... posted by hopefull harry on November 10, 2003 at 21:09:01:

Certainly a tuba is a tremendous expense. What are you willing to contribute? How expensive is the tuba you want? Have you researched used instruments? How much do you practice each evening?

Obviously every family is diiferent in many ways including competing priorities. And it is possible that there is nothing you can do to change your father's mind, but showing dedication, a mature attitude, and a willingness to contribute might help.

Many, many, many moons ago when I wanted to be in marching band and my parents said "no" I responded by writing an eight page paper on why marching band was important to me, how I would meet the time commitments, solve transportation issues, and aid in the financial obligation. I tried to understand what their objections were and address each in a logical way. I ended the paper stating SINCERELY that I understood it was their decision but hoped they would condider my input. In my case it worked primarily because they were impressed with my initiative.

Good luck.

Follow Ups: