Re: Re: Need UPS Advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on November 11, 2003 at 10:07:39:

In Reply to: Re: Need UPS Advice posted by customer on November 10, 2003 at 19:33:42:

I agree that the insurance is useless. I won't ship anything UPS unless there is simply no other choice. When I get a box that has been shipped UPS, it invariably looks like it has been through some kind of cement mixer/shredder/gorllia stomper. When I get a box from Fed Ex, it looks brand new.

UPS does not want to be in the busniness of shipping fragile items, as evidenced by their treatment of them. Only thing we can do is not give them our business.
I"ve received tubas shipped via trucking company, from Dillon's, and they arrived unscathed. I would consider that option.

Also, you just HAVE to pack it in a manner than it can be dropped/tumbled down a couple flights of stairs and be intact.

I heard somewhere of someone who bothered to sue UPS (or threatened to do so) and did get some money, but in general your experience is par for the course. Sorry. Their priority is to deny, deny, deny, and force you to take stronger and stronger action to try to get them to pay. Their half is the easy half; as long as people continue to use them, they will stay in business with the same practices.

MA

Follow Ups: