Re: Monette mpc's: What's the deal?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Chen on November 12, 2003 at 02:26:04:

In Reply to: Monette mpc's: What's the deal? posted by Ralph on November 05, 2003 at 10:53:53:

The amount of success David Monette has achieved in the trumpet world has been bringing players of other instruments into interest as well. I have a Monette 94 for CC and a 94F for F. I am very pleased with the results, not that I am that great a musician but I find most everything David Monette claims to be true, and since I switched to his mouthpieces I have been appreciating his work more and more. The more I use them the more I like them. It took me a while to adjust (as with any new mouthpiece), and I didn't sound good at all for the first month or so. The main reason I bought the 94 and the 94F was beceuase they share the same rim size, which I find to be a great advantage for consistency/feel when switch from F to CC, also recommended by Arnold Jacobs, keeping muscles involved the same.
Visit his website (www.monette.net) and learn some more about his mouthpieces, I think they are great.
By the way, the new Prana mouthpieces are still more expensive ($470) than the original Monette tuba mouthpieces ($350)..

Follow Ups: