Re: Re: Re: Willson Euphoniums

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on November 16, 2003 at 23:39:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Willson Euphoniums posted by Ryan on November 16, 2003 at 14:00:40:

Ryan,

I've removed the "euro" shank receiver from a 2900 and replaced it with a (genuine Willson) "large" shank receiver. (This actually "converts" the instrument to a model 2925.)

When I removed the Willson "euro" shank receiver from a 2900 and replaced it with the Willson "large" shank receiver, the Willson "2950" large shank receiver fit on to the "2900" mouthpipe tube with a perfect-snug fit. This tells me that 2900 mouthpipe and 2950 mouthpipe very very likely have the same "bore" on the small end - particularly since the gauge of brass at the exposed small end of that 2900 mouthpipe was not very thick at all (pretty much eliminating the possibility of the two different models having different inner diameters but the same outer diameter at the small ends of their respective mouthpipes). Further, since the valve section bore of the 2900 and 2950 are the same, the large ends of both pipes just about have to be the same, in order to match up properly with identical valve section bores.

---- I'm leaving plenty of room for someone to show me otherwise. I'm willing to be shown (but not just told). At this point (based on admittedly limited observations) I still believe that the only real differences in the 2900 and 2950 are the bell flare and the mouthpiece receiver.

Follow Ups: