Re: Re: Flat Chin?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by because on November 20, 2003 at 00:44:06:

In Reply to: Re: Flat Chin? posted by Mike Wilson on November 19, 2003 at 23:19:43:

because sometimes MOST of the sounds that are coming out of the bell ARE great the way you are playing them. BUT, there may be some "sounds" that aren't so great also BECAUSE of the way you are playing them. It's been my experience that if you can fix things that you know are wrong, or that are generally considered wrong, you'll not have those problems to start with. Also, if you are flattening your chin and you say your tone is more tense, it might just be more focused. I thought i had a nice dark tone, but when everyone heard it, it was thin and spread. Now that I've changed some things with my embassure(i can't spell) such as trying to flatten my chin and keep my corners tucked, and trying to keep movement to a minimum, my tone has improved. I have more of a core tone, sorta like when you listen to professionals(not that i'm a professional by any means). Anyway, just some thoughts. I always thought that I could get by with I was doing if i just used it enough, but I've also found that the more you practice, the more some problems fix themselves because the only way for them to get better is to be done the right way. You'll build muscle the more you play and therefore you have more control over the sound you make. i can't stop writing. yes i can.

Follow Ups: