Re: Physicals/Tests for Military Bands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc on November 21, 2003 at 13:47:26:

In Reply to: Physicals/Tests for Military Bands posted by Smokey on November 20, 2003 at 10:16:33:

I'm going out on a limb here by responding, but here goes. The military want people who are of good character - honesty, integrity, loyalty, and dedication. Or at least the kind of person in whom those qualitites can be developed. My opinion - The fact that you smoke dope does not speak well of your character. Marijuana is a harmful substance and is illegal (smoking = blatant disregard for the law). That having been said, DO NOT LIE about it. Honesty is paramount, and the fact that you have the guts to tell the truth says a lot about your character in a positive way, and it can certainly make the difference. No one is perfect, and the military understands that, however, lies and dishonesty will not be tolerated. If you really want to change your life, the service can help. When you say you don't have any intentions of quitting anytime soon, that makes me think the military may not be right for you. But I really don't know you, and it is only my opinion. If you choose the service, it is a big commitment, but a worthwhile one. I don't think you would regret it. Quit smoking dope immediately(and forever), start practicing your (AT)ss off, and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck in whatever path you choose.
Doc

Follow Ups: