Re: Re: Physicals/Tests for Military Bands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Leland on November 21, 2003 at 16:37:06:

In Reply to: Re: Physicals/Tests for Military Bands posted by Smokey on November 21, 2003 at 02:09:40:

Doc, above, has a made several key points, one of which is that lies & dishonesty are not tolerated in the military. Messing up is one thing, but lying about it is on another level entirely -- it is a conscious effort to deceive those around you, and that's a lot worse than just a mistake.

Normal people don't start smoking pot in the first place. Stop now, and when you're asked, come clean about your drug history.

I don't know exactly how much of a "grace period" the President's Own gives potential members to meet fitness requirements, but judging from what I can see every Friday during the summer, I can tell you that they all meet those requirements. Like I've posted below, if you have to ask, you're probably out of shape. It's going to take time to get in good enough shape, and there's no time like the present to start (or even, "no time like yesterday").

Military bands, especially during ceremonial duties, serve an important public image role. If they're populated with overweight people who just don't look good in uniform, it's not a good image. A fit appearance can be accomplished (heck, even I pulled it off!), and I'll dare to say that it's easier than becoming a top-level instrumentalist (which we all know is no small feat).

It's best to be fit & pot-free anyway. Why should this be a question in the first place?

I need to go for a run before dinner & the Simpsons. All this talk is reminding me to keep moving.

Sgt Jordon, USMC
D&B Corps

Follow Ups: