Re: Meinl Weston 2265

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rod Mathews on November 23, 2003 at 01:58:51:

In Reply to: Meinl Weston 2265 posted by Wants to know on November 22, 2003 at 17:40:34:

From Matt's notes page on the Dillon music web site:

NEW HORNS:
The first Meinl Weston 2182 F tuba and Meinl Weston 2265 CC tubas arrived. Before they got shipped to their new owners, we got to check them out. The 2182 is a very comfortable F tuba to hold and play. Great sound that is bigger than the 182 or Yamaha 621 F tubas. Here is one you can easily play in tune. Let me know if you want on the waiting list for one this fall. I should have a price shortly.

The Meinl Weston 2265 CC tuba was a pleasant experience. I believe the low register on this horn is more open than the other 6/4 tubas. The intonation seems improved over the 2165. It has fixed braces throughout and a longer leadpipe like the first 2165 tubas, but with a more gradual curve. The smaller receiver helps with articulation. A real improvement over the 2165. Guys looking for just the biggest sound no matter what, may still prefer a 2165.

Some 2155 tubas and a 2000 came in this shipment. A Bill Bell model 37, also in this shipment, is always a great sounding horn. Speaking of great sounding horns, there is a standard MW 45 F tuba in this shipment I can't get over. That's the one with the .728/.770 bore and 15" upright bell. This one has a gold brass bell, nickel silver garland, and hand engraving. The sound was as clear and pretty as the horn looks. Some lucky tubist is going to hit the jackpot with this horn. Hey, we've never had a wider selection of Meinl Weston F tubas. Stop on in and visit us at Dillon Music if you want a real selection in tubas.

Follow Ups: