Collecting orchestral audition lists

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy Bryan on October 05, 1999 at 20:58:45:

I am currently working on a project to compile a list of tuba excerpts which are frequently asked at orchestra auditions. I have quite a few audition lists from my student days, dating back to 1979. However, my collection only goes up to the 1988 Chicago Symphony audition. If you have copies of audition lists for any auditions which have been held since Chicago, I am requesting that you please send me a copy. You can either fax the lists to me at (847) 869-0312, mail them to me at the address below, or e-mail them to me by clicking on the link above.

I have several reasons for my request. First, I simply like to collect copies of the audition lists. Second, I find it interesting to see which non-traditional excerpts are asked, in addition to the one's which are asked every time. Finally, I think it would be interesting to see if there are any significant differences between what was commonly asked when I was actively taking auditions, and what has been asked for the last ten or so years.

Thanks in advance for your help. I will be very happy to post any interesting results that I find when I complete this project.

Mailing address: 1555 Sherman Avenue, #353, Evanston, IL 60201

Follow Ups: