Mirafone TU-29 Gold MP For Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Neilan on October 15, 1999 at 08:53:18:

I am selling my excellent condition Mirafone TU29 gold plated mouthpiece. It has a 'very deep cup 33mm diameter 8.2 bore (same bore size as the solo)'. I used it only a little for the year and a half I had it and have not touched it since I received my custom AJ-inspired (can I say that?) heavyweight mouthpiece. It is an excellent all-around mouthpiece for BBb or CC tubas or for a bigger sound on the F tuba. The deep cup gives a full tone, and the moderate backbore gives plenty of clarity and control. Brasswind sells them new for $89.00 pus an extra $40.00 for the gold plating. My price of $65.00 includes 2 day priority mail shipping to the US and a vinyl mouthpiece pouch.

Please email me by clicking on my name if you are interested.

Here are some quotes about the TU-29

'Playing my tuba with the TU-29 mouthpiece gives a fuller, darker sound than my cat makes during heat'

'The TU-29 gives more reliable intonation than cupping my hands over the leadpipe and blowing'

'I kan't read da numbers on it, but playin dis here mouthpiece beats gettin hit over da head by an old shoe'

'I once heard a professional play on the TU-29, and he sounded better than my 12 year old brother in the Junior High band'

Follow Ups: