A good idea for a tuba-site

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay on October 01, 2000 at 16:11:11:

I thought that I'd post this idea that I thought was interesting:

While searching the web, I've come up on this site that had an online guitar competition. People would record themselves at home (on mp3 files or something) playing guitar, post it on the web, have an audience (with other guitar players or people who wants to listen) to vote on the person that they thought executed better and provide feedback on the ablitity of both players...(technique, musicality, etc) in accordance to the way that their music was executed. At this they would give tips that one player could use and work on to be as good as the other player, etc. And yes, on this site there is competition and exposure to some THE BEST guitar players around the world. Every player I've heard on this site HAD TALENT.

So, I thought gee, I wish that there was a tuba site like this. This could be a fun idea for players who loves to play with an audience to play for, exchange ideas with feedback on their ability and best of all be still sitting at home eating cookies and donuts. This could really be helpful to a person on ANY instrument they choose.

The only thing is that most of the players on this guitar site were jazz, blues, r&b, heavy metal or rock and roll bound, but who is to say that the tuba can't be a part of these arenas? Nevertheless, I thought that this was a good idea.

Anyway, I've believed that some of you would find this interesting. If anybody is interested in checking out the site, the address is:

www.guitarwar.com

Have a good day everybody.
Jay

Follow Ups: