Re: Denis Wick Mouthpiece Boosters

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on October 02, 2000 at 16:29:33:

In Reply to: Denis Wick Mouthpiece Boosters posted by Sun on October 02, 2000 at 13:56:20:

To my knowledge there are no DW boosters for other instruments than trumpet, cornet, French horn and bones with large or small shank. The latters being applicable for baritones and euphs as well.

The DW boosters are perfectly fitting the DW mouthpiece models. I have heard of one being used with a Schilke 60 on a euph, but generally one can not be sure that they will fit anything but DW models.

Myself I am using the same homemade booster for the two mouthpieces, that I use on my euph, bassbones, sousas, and tubas.

It is made from a heavy marine engine nut out of bronze. The inner bore is slightly conical, matching the fittings made of plastic rubber hose put on the mpc shanks.

Marketing material from the Vincent Bach company tells that their heavy mpc modelęs have a slightly larger bore/backbore than the regular weight models because added weight means added resistance.

That is pretty well in concordance with my practice of opening the backbores of my mouthpieces.

Klaus

Follow Ups: