Conn Tuba for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason on October 07, 2000 at 16:15:59:

I saw that there had been a little discussion on my horn a couple of days ago and I thought I would just post this in case any of you wanted more specific information on the horn. Feel free to email me jls8177(AT)yahoo.com. Let me just start off by telling you some general things about the horn so I don't get a ton of email about the same stuff.
The intonation is quite good with the exception of a few notes, but nothing that can't be fixed with an alternate fingering. The low range is good until you hit Eb. It comes out easily, just bad in the pitch category.
One thing to note (not too big a deal) the first valve slide on the top that you would use to tune D's and F's, is stationary, it pulls out the bottom. For someone who likes working on horns this is no big deal. For me, I just dealt with it and lipped the D's up a bit.
As far as the history of the horn, I really don't know that much about it. I don't even know how to find out the bore size and so forth. I was told that it is a Grand Orchestral Model and that it was a pretty rare horn back in the day. I believe it has a 20" bell. The sound of the horn is just great. Everything that is supposed to move moves.
If you have real specific questions about the horn, just email me and I'll do my best to find out. If you're relatively local, maybe we could meet and someone could play the horn and post their opinion. Regardless, just contact me for any questions or concerns.
Thanks in advance,
Jason S.

Follow Ups: