Re: Re: Best BBb under 3K

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on October 18, 2000 at 12:07:28:

In Reply to: Re: Best BBb under 3K posted by St. Pete on October 18, 2000 at 09:23:35:

I find it hard to believe that the St. pete will ever be offered in CC. Being that it is made in russia and the tooling for that horn was made during the industrial revolution. If they did manage to make one it would cost a good bit more tha any one would want to pay for it. Five years ago when St.pete's started hitting the market and the under $3K range wasn't as accesible, a St. pete would be a decent option. Now that Jupiter has come along and weril is out there the St. pete is becoming less competetive and there is noone who is going to invest money in the manufacturer to improve their quality. Even more so now that VMI and even Mirafone approaches or crosses that barrier, I would no longer say that a St. Pete is a good horn. The fact that you mention that the horn you tried had a heavier bell and better valves is only a reminder of the inconsistency of the line itself. I agree that they can make a decent horn maybe even a great one occasionally. i would however suggest taking a safer bet and placing my money on a manufacturer like VMI, Cerveny or Mirafone for around the same cash.

Best of luck,
Matt G

Follow Ups: