Yamaha 822s F tuba For Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sam on October 21, 2000 at 09:22:04:

Yamaha 822s F tuba for sale with hard case and Reunion Blues gig bag. Hard case has quite a few scratches on the end with wheels. Gig bag in near mint condition.

Tuba:
Intonation very good, for an F tuba. G in the staff right on as well as F# above.
Very free blowing, almost like a CC tuba. The valves have been freed of burrs and were relapped in January. Valve slides were buffed, also in January. Horn has all silver plate intact. There are, however, 4 dime size dings on the bottom bow.

Reason for selling:
It is just not the sound I want anymore. I purchased the horn two years ago because it sounded like a small CC tuba, which I liked since I was doing a lot of quintet work then. It has come to the point where I am not doing much quintet work and need to get rid of it for two reasons a) don't enjoy the sound anymore, b)financial issues.

Pictures available upon request.

Price is $6250 obo, including shipping to anywhere in the continental United States by UPS or FedEx 2 day.

Any further questions feel free to contact me via email at smettin(AT)indiana.edu

Sam Mettin

Follow Ups: