Re: Monette Mouthpiece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jobey Wilson on October 27, 2000 at 13:31:03:

In Reply to: Monette Mouthpiece posted by tuba on October 27, 2000 at 11:00:01:

Before I post this, I will mention that I had to wait over 6 months for my mouthpiece. The last time I mentioned something about the Monette 99-1 on the Tubenet, I received an extremely rude e-mail from some "Tubenetter" stating that I should "shut my damn mouth about my mouthpiece." Apparently he thought that I got one right away because I study with Chester. WRONG!!! Dean at Monette hadn't even finished the "cutter" for the 99-1 until June...I ordered mine in mid-December.
OK...the 99-1 has a little smaller cup than the 98. Chester had the prototype of the 99-1, and when I tried it, I absolutely fell in love with it. The 99-1 centers a little better than the 98, especially on my Alexander CC. Chester even tried it in his 6/4 Yorkbrunner, and he felt it was alot more "solid" than the 98. The sound is not quite as wide as the 98, but there is more clarity and projection (more of the old German sound quality which I personally prefer). I felt that the 98 was too big for my Alex, and, like Goldielocks, the 99-1 was "just right!" Please feel free to e-mail me personally if you have more questions.
-Jobey

Follow Ups: