Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PT mouthpiece size comparison....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd on October 28, 2000 at 07:14:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PT mouthpiece size comparison.... posted by Tim C on October 28, 2000 at 00:52:50:

Thanks for the Info guys. I am going to look into getting the PT65 and the PT49. I would like to have the mouthpieces that I play on each horn to be as similar in rim design and feel as possible. I don't want it to feel like apples and apricots.

As for the agression...that may be ironed out with a mouthpiece more suited to my playing style. I don't know if I mentioned this...but I used to own a PT42 that I liked but I sold it to a friend of mine so I could get some money for the Schilke 67. I don't regret getting the 67...I just regret loosing the PT42.

As for PT mouthpiece styles. I like the sound of a funnel cup...but I am not a fan of a true funnel. True funnel cups always give me more overtones than I wanted. The PT49 mentions a rounded bottom which I think will round out the sound and eliminate SOME of the overtones. It sounds like a happy medium between the American and German style cups.

About Sean's suggestion of the Pat Sheridan mouthpiece....I did own a Sheridan PO I believe it was. I had it gold plated. I loved the mouthpiece when I was playing on a 4/4 CC tuba...but it was a little too big a WAY too boomy for my 2165 so I sold it. I think if I can get a slightly more conservative mouthpiece...or a pair of them...then my switching between horns won't be as awkward and my playing style would be more universal.

What do you think of my idea now???

Last question....where is a good place to buy the PT mouthpieces. I know CMC has them and so does Brasswind. Who is the cheapest and has the best service?? Thanks!

Todd Morgan

Follow Ups: