Prokofiev 5th LPO and others.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on October 29, 2000 at 19:40:28:

I do not remeber if this one was mentioned in the posts below about Prokofiev so I just wanted to throw out there that I picked up 86' Prokofiev 1 and 5 w/LPO and Previn. Great recording! Roger Bobo plays it beautifully on I imagine his 188 Miraphone. He shows us that a "BAT" is not always needed, even with a huge work like Prokofiev. It is on the Philips label. Highly recommended to all aspiring tuba players. Here in Japan we have a great store(not sure if it is the US) called Disk Union. This place sells new and USED(practically mint condition) cd's at low low prices. I have found an enormous amount of great recordings just from this store.

Also on my last I picked up :

Mahler 7 85' NYPO/Berstein-Awesome!
Tchaik 5 and 1812 95' Live CSO/Barenboim-I still prefer the NYPO/Berstein Tchaik 5 but this one has its merits as well, after all it is the CSO.
Frank D minor 89' Montreal/Dutoit- great tuba playing on what surely sounds to be a CC!
PJBE Modern Collection-Amazing! My favorite here is the Four Quitings for BQ by Previn, fist time I ever heard it and I want to play it bad.

Why recordings like this make their way into used stores I will never know, but I say keep'um coming, because I will be there to pick them up!

Cheers (_)?
Pete"enjoying other peoples used music" Link

Follow Ups: