Re: Re: My Statement Regarding the NYP Posts....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony Mason on October 03, 2001 at 03:59:14:

In Reply to: Re: My Statement Regarding the NYP Posts.... posted by huh? on October 02, 2001 at 21:26:21:

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to get back on here and re-clarify what I had just said already. When I referred to "his situation" I was talking about the effects the rumors were doing to him, NOT admitting anything about anybody. You, for some odd reason, are taking good-hearted words and twisting them around and throwing them back in my face. Why? Also, when I said that he "spoke calmly" about it, I meant that he was cool talking about the rumors face to face. I don't understand why you aim to bring me down by insulting me. "Hypocrite" and "old gossipy woman?" Cmon man, I have done nothing to deserve this kind of treatment. I was only trying to put in a good word from one who actually knows something. Why you intend to cut me down is beyond my comprehension. I am a first time college student, so what? I am not stupid nor am I "SPECIAL." I hope that you don't treat everyone else this way because you are the only one who has insulted me for no reason other than the fact you were under the impression that I was being a "hypocrite." Comments such as the ones you made don't accomplish anything. I was being honest and open-minded and was hoping that the tuba community would be understanding of what I was trying to put across to people. I tried to make it as plain english as possible so nothing like this would happen. In the future, please do not react to someone else's comments with insults and rants just because they obviously had good intentions. It seems as if NOTHING on this server can be said without somebody ripping apart the other person for no reason. The whole idea of doing something like that to an innocent person is ridiculous. Once again, I had no intention of replying to any of these posts, but in order for my statement to be understood by everyone, I was left with no choice but to re-clarify all that I had said. I hope that you aren't taking this (or me) personally because that wouldn't be a very mature way to go about it. I don't want enemies, just understanding. Thank you.

Anthony Mason
Juilliard Tubist

PS To all of you who have sent me very positive emails and feedback concerning my post, I thank you profusely! It's people like you that help brighten my day from setbacks such as this. Much appreciated! ;-)

Follow Ups: