Re: Adrenalin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on October 04, 2001 at 06:33:38:

In Reply to: Adrenalin posted by Rick Denney on October 03, 2001 at 15:17:14:

Rick, I feel for you and this problem. A little physiology might help. You know that adrenalin breaks dow in to glucose before it metabolises. So you are really on a sugar high. The insulin produced for this metabolic process may be more than is required and that will produce a hypoglycemic state. In me, a diabetic, that state is accompanied by the shakes and some other unwanted effects (headache, mostly, but some agression and unease). This is all supposed to happen but it is certainly not convenient when you are playing a tuba solo.

You may not be able to control it, mentally, after it happens. Remember, it is one of the mental processes that causes a physiologic change. The mental process for control has to take place BEFORE the event (need to decide now how you will handle it when it happens). If not done before hand, Joe's solution is one of a very few which are effective. But, my God, 25 mg? I would be comatose or zombied by that (and have been).

A full stomach will also help absorb the adrenalin and may be the easiest solution.

Drop by some day and play the Entertainer with me; absolutely guarantee not judgmental or adrenalin producing in any way shape or form. But it ain't Tschaikowsky.

Follow Ups: