Re: Weril CC Tuba: Your opinions...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick M on October 10, 2001 at 08:56:56:

In Reply to: Weril CC Tuba: Your opinions... posted by For those who own it on October 10, 2001 at 07:52:27:

I’ve got a little Weril CC in nickel plate and use it in quintet/small ensemble situations. It’s a great little horn, the low end speaks pretty well but intonation can get a little tricky in the high register (which could be caused by my lack of practice rather than the horn). It’s not a big horn so you won’t be getting the volume or earth-shaking abilities of a 5/4 or 6/4 horn.

My favorite part of the horn is it’s size, it’s petite, it’s cute and it plays easily. It almost begs to be played. It’s also very easy to carry along. Fit and finish is good but not up to the standards of a much more expensive horn. But for under $2500 it’s a tough horn to beat.

Mouthpieces – I haven’t found the ultimate mouthpiece “karma” for this horn but am pretty happy with the Miraphone Rose Orchestra (old style) or the Helleburg Sear.

I purchased mine from Joe S at Mid-South Music in Memphis; he shoots straight and will keep his eyes open for demo units or “B-stock” units.

Good Luck with your horn shopping.

Rick

Follow Ups: