Re: "Everyone!" talks about the PTs, but...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dennis on October 10, 2001 at 14:54:00:

In Reply to: "Everyone!" talks about the PTs, but... posted by Jan on October 10, 2001 at 13:01:24:

I have one. I got it about 4 months ago. I had played every horn I could find before I got this one. The only horns you listed I haven't played is the Kalison. I had also played cervanys,MW's,Sanders,Conn,st.pete's,amati. I never got to play a Holton, Alex, or Getzen but I did get to play PT's and everyone that Custom had ready on the shelf(about 12 differant). I also at that time played Hirs....(which I always thought I wanted) and Walter Nirs. (which I think plays as good as a Hirs.) and I wanted a PT. Not because it was better sounding it was because you can get it with rotors and you dont have to hold it sideways to play it like the others but it did sound as good. I played them all and really liked the pt-7p but I wanted a rotor. So the pt-6 was looking pretty good but I just didn't do it. My next stop was to play a Mel Culbertson. Well most of you know that a Mel Culbertson is a pt-7 with bell flared a little more ( about 3/4 of an inch) and the Mel Culb. is so very very pretty. I'm not for sure what differance the larger bell flare makes but maybe some of you out there can tell us. This horn is the same quality as a PT model in my opinion AND IT IS 3000-4000 LESS. If you play one try playing with and without a belt around the bell (I like it with).

Follow Ups: