Re: Re: Focal Dystonia and It's Effects

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on October 12, 2001 at 08:06:49:

In Reply to: Re: Focal Dystonia and It's Effects posted by Ian Easton on October 12, 2001 at 01:10:56:

Ian,
I had a series of TIA strokes in March. In the process of consulting a Neurologist, I mentioned my symptoms and the effects. He pegged it as Dystonia the day he saw me play. I had no damage from the strokes, am in excellent health, watch my diet, etc. so we ruled out the obvious such as weight, bad muscle tone, and the like. I then went to a sleep expert because I have mild sleep apniea. The Doctor looked at me and said I must have Dystonia. I went through a wide range of Cat Scans and was unable to have the cause pinpointed. I was given variuos options that have been spelled out, but was told by two or three MD's that the chances of any of the cures doing any good at all was somewhere around %20. I don't want to jeopordize my overall health on something that probably won't work. If a fool proof cure does come along, I will be the first in line. In the meantime, I am enjoying what playing time I have left.

Follow Ups: