Re: A small rant…

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rob bass on October 17, 2001 at 04:40:11:

In Reply to: A small rant… posted by Bob Joles on October 17, 2001 at 01:46:02:

Good post doesnt it feel good to vent some in any profession.
You sent me some info in the past. I have thought about this before. I have looked through many list of music and you know what? I dont know what to purchase some times.
I like to hear CD recordings of the music first. I know that is not always posiable.
My instrumentation is unperdictable most of the time, I wish music was written so that it could be played by any instrument and still cover the parts. I do know how much time and effort it takes to write all that music, you should be rewarded for your work. I have worked on some 35 songs that were hand written dixieland charts in the past. Still not finished. I thought many times to let some pro do this task and do it justice. I was not sure what the cost would be or is it worth it to have done. I did look at your music and I could not make a choice. Im just another one of those tuba players that spent a lot of money on a horn and a van to fit the unpayload and paid for lots of gas to go on unpaid gigs to share my many hours of practice to perform for the listeners to enjoy. Not sure where i'm going with this but I hear ya, most of the things I've done in my past profession, it seemed like I paid more than my share of dues to freebees and the like. I have dug a lot of holes literaly, to enjoy filling them back in. So hang in there one of these songs will hit paydirt. You have a rare talent that most of us don't have. Some people just dont know what it takes to write music. just me three cents and some misstyped words Rob Bass

Follow Ups: