TubaChristmas in Boston

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John B reyer on October 17, 2001 at 10:24:40:

The concert in Boston is on for Thanksgiving Saturday again this year. That's November 24th. The concert will again be at two o'clock in the square between Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market.

We have been delayed in getting out the notices, because our favorite rehearsal site has been leased. Good for them, bad for us. We will be rehearsing in the band room at Boston Latin School at 74 Ave. Louis Pasteur. This is some distance from Faneuil Hall and will require a drive or Green Line trip between rehearsal and concert.

The good news is that free parking is available at the school and this year, for the first time, FREE parking passes will be available at the concert for the garage at 75 State Street. For public transportation, the Green Line is about three blocks from the school and about one block from the concert venue.

As soon as the final details are together, I will post them on this BBS. Notices will be sent to our mailing list as usual.

If you have any questions, you can email me through the address with this post. I would especially like to hear from anyone who WILL NOT attend this year because of the distant rehearsal site. We got stuck with it this year. We'd like to know if it will cost us attendance so we can try a different site in 2002.

John "Merry TubaChristmas" Breyer

Follow Ups: