Re: OK, I did it - update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dmmorris on October 19, 2001 at 09:07:53:

In Reply to: OK, I did it - update posted by js on October 18, 2001 at 23:50:59:

I've expressed my opinions about the Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces before. I can detect no difference in my playing between the standard H2 and my personal favorite, the "Concert Hall" H2. I like 'em both....a lot! That said, I still like the "Concert Hall" H2 because "it looks cool".....'specially with black O-rings sitting in the little grooves. Mysterious ehh!

Again, I don't think the the "Concert Hall" line is, or was ever intended as, a true heavy weight mouthpiece like the Bach-Megatone or the R&S. Mine isn't any heavier than my ol' V.Bach 18. Accordingly, I don't think that the Marcinkiewicz line of mouthpieces represents a good test of the standard vs heavy-weight mouthpiece question. But your test provides credible evidence that the two lines of Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces may no be that different.

Oh yeah......Shoot me an email with a good price on the "Concert Hall" H1 and I may be inclined to take it off your hands.

Best regards,
dmm

Follow Ups: