greatest Joys of 2001

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on October 23, 2001 at 09:18:41:

If we can have great dissapointments, we can also have great joys.

For this year, so far, mine have been in seeing my children grow to know the Lord as their Savior.

In musical matters, one came to me last night.

I drove from my home in Manila, Arkansa to a gig in Como, Mississippi. As I drove down, I remembered that I had left my black tux jacket at the same gig the year before. As this is almost a two hour trip one way, I never went back (it was a cheap jacket).

When I arrived and started setting up, a lady came up to me and asked if I was the bass player. As I was carrying my upright at the time, I couldn't deny the fact. After responding in the affirmative, she handed me my black jacket. I was indeed shocked as she told me that they had found the jacket and kept it, knowing that the same group would be back for the same gig.

The woman's husband came along and greeted the band, and told me that he had been tempted to keep the jacket for about 2 minutes, due to the fact that we both wear a 50 athletic cut. They had instead had the jacket cleaned and stored for this occasion.

I offered to pay for the cleaning and buy them dinner. They refused both offers, and started what turned out to be a good night of fun and enjoyment for all in attendance.

We can get good out of bad times if we allow it to happen. The only drawback to the evening was that I played tuba on only one song. Maybe more next time.

Tom Mason

Follow Ups: