Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tubas to go

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on October 31, 2001 at 00:46:21:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tubas to go posted by Tom B. on October 30, 2001 at 21:49:13:

Since I couldn't find one single box that was the right size, I got two boxes that were the correct back-to-front and left-to-right, but were a little short on the bottom-to-top. We put them together to make one uber-box. I jammed the bell full of packing paper to brace it (like, *a lot* of paper), put it in the gig bag, packed it inside of a smaller, tighter-fitting box, then put that inside of the larger box. Both the smaller inner box and larger outer box were crammed full of peanuts. I used two bags, each one about two feet in diameter and six or seven feet long. The peanuts were shoved in so tight the horn wouldn't budge, and in the pixx you can kinda see the sides just barely starting to bulge. You don't want to stuff it so much the box loses its structure, because then it won't protect the horn. The whole thing was strapped to a palette and loaded with a forklift. I think it was so gnarly looking, and insured for so much, and had so many signs on it, they probably figured they'd better not f*** it up! It arrived safe-n-sound...

Follow Ups: