A Hirsbrunner 1990 leaflet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on October 02, 2002 at 12:05:44:

Found a leaflet that I got, when I met the present owner of Hirsbrunner in September 1990 at a music fair in my own country.

The leaflet presents the then current Hirsbrunner model line-up, but for the 5 valve piston F prototype, that i had the good fortune to try. I was also offered to try a Yorkbrunner, but did not dare to take the offer.

I also tried the comp euph, the only euph, that I ever tried, that matches the qualities of my own YEP 641 (and I have tried Sovereign, Willson, and Miraphone).

One issue, of several, that caught my interest in my fairly extended talks with Mr. Hirsbrunner early in the morning was this one: Back then he had three euph models: 4 valve comp plus 4 and 3 valved non-compers.

Where most, if not all other makers, consider their non-comp euphs student and step-up instruments with more modest specifications in regards of piston material, stays, bow caps, bore, and maybe more design aspects, there Mr. Hirsbrunner built (builds?) all of his euphs to the same specs, the valve configuration aside.

All three models had optional valve slide triggers. At least until a very few years ago my former bandmate Leo Sørensen, now solo euph of our Royal Lifeguard Band, used a Hirsbrunner 4 valve comper for everything seated and a 3 valved non-comping Hirsbrunner with a factory trigger for anything standing or marching.

Klaus

PS: To optimise the usage of the file areas of the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/YorkMasterPublicPhotos groups, I have had to do a bit of file juggling. Which I will give links to in the next two postings.

There will have to be a third such group, at least, to host the scannings of my high pile of catalogues.

You can join the open and non-posting Yahoo groups through the links given here and in the next postings.

Some poster clearly has expressed himself being bored, when I cover the low end low brass market. But exactly that end of the market is/has-been everyday realities for many students, teachers, and even high level pros of today. Every pro level attention to the low end market will make its offerings improve.

Follow Ups: