Desperately looking for affordable Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob Edmiston on October 04, 2002 at 21:01:04:

I am desperately looking for an affordable Eb tuba that is also a decent Intermediate to Professional quality. I had one ready to by from Woodwind Brasswind, then my loving wife decided that I should not have the horn and she spent the money that I had saved up. I am hoping to scrounge up about $1,500.00 to pony up for a horn and there was a horn at the Tuba Exchange that I should have gotten. I have always been a serious player and it has always been a good release for me to play. I have been out of college now for 17 years and have yet to have my own horn. I found out recently that I have arthritis in my jaw and it hurts to play and I am hoping that a smaller, easier to blow horn will cause less pain. That is why I am opting for an Eb. I want to play a lot of solos, play in church and the Eb is well suited for that. I was SUPPOSED to play in the Western Missouri Brass Band this Winter, but I guess someone else decided to reap the benefits of my hard work and determination.

I guess this is not the proper forum for such a rant, but I am deeply hurt. I am sure that I am not the only one on this board that has a less than supportive spouse when it comes to this, but after 17 years of marriage, devotion, and hard work, my time has long since passed where I should be allowed to have my own tuba.

Follow Ups: