Re: Symphony brand Eb helicon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on October 06, 2002 at 18:25:43:

In Reply to: Symphony brand Eb helicon posted by Kenneth Sloan on October 06, 2002 at 17:08:40:

"Symphony" (with all of its almost equally spelled translations) is a term, that will be hard to get a trade mark on.

I think the B&S engraved "Sinfonie" in their best F tubas with 5 or 6 valves in the GDR era. And those tubas were good.

So when I at the website of a large Bavarian music house saw some Sinfonie instruments fairly, but not very lowly, priced, I phoned them to get details about especially one model.

I asked about the maker, and very reluctantly they told, that these instruments were made in China.

You did not tell anything about where you found the instrument in question. It might be Chinese, or it might at an OK Central European large factory and stenciled for some US importer.

Not very helpful, not very specific. I only wanted to share the lesson, that I was taught about instruments carrying names, that everybody can use.

Another of those names is Haydn. But in that case I find that the name fires back into the face of a makers, who reveals, that he knows nothing of European music history.

Klaus

Follow Ups: