Re: Re: Re: Leaving the board, sadly.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lonny on October 12, 2002 at 21:35:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Leaving the board, sadly. posted by Ross on October 10, 2002 at 23:47:40:

Nobody likes to be attacked, deservedly or not. It isn't fun, it often isn't fair, it isn't nice but it happens. What I've learned is to consider the source very, very carefully. If the attack comes from someone who is familiar with the situation and knowledgeable of the subject I take it much more seriously than when it comes from a total moron who doesn't even know their own area code. Even if they mean it personally, you don't have to take it personally.

I'm kind of confused by the "I don't want to clutter up the board" type messages lately. That give and take is what we all learn from; sometimes I learn the most from a thread that I don't even comment on just by reading the comments of others who (appear) to know what they're talking about.

There are a few nitwits who like to "hunt" here; they make outrageous statements meant to inflame the emotions of others and they're successful when we respond to them. I'm sorry that they've attacked some of you and I don't blame you for being a little sore. I just wish you would stick around, ignore the trash and keep the treasure. If the reasonable people all leave, there won't be anybody left except unreasonable, pathetic, moronic...

Let's work together to clean up this place. Don't respond, DON'T RESPOND. They'll go away soon enough!

Follow Ups: