Conn CC tubas at Dillon's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott Mendoker on October 18, 2002 at 19:00:25:

Hi -

I was at Dillon's yesterday to have some work done (expertly, as usual, by Matt Walters) and noticed a BIG shipment of Conn 52 and 56Js - in all flavors.

To anyone looking to purchase one of these, now seems like a great time. The Conns are fantastic, but like all tubas, are slightly different - even when the finish and bell size are the same. The more you have to pick from, the better chance you have of finding "your" instrument - or as Matt would say - " The better chance for your instrument to find you."

Also, one of the things I LOVE to do when I'm there is to pick out horns for people who live too far away to get there. Steve and Matt have been MORE than generous to me and to my Rutgers (and private) students over the years. This is one small way for me to show my gratitude to them. I do it because I like doing it - no commission. It's just fun for me.

So, if anyone wants to take advantage of me - yes, I know I've left myself wide open for that one - by all means, contact me privately or ask Dillon's to call me.

Scott Mendoker

Follow Ups: