1918 Conn Eb 4valve top loader

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on October 24, 2002 at 08:55:15:

Hello All,
I am selling my 1918 Conn Eb 4 valve top loader tuba. It has a .593 bore at the second valve. It is in playable condition and is in need of a valve job. When oiled enough to seal the leaky valves it has a great sound with minimal pitch problems. I bought this horn at a yard sale in Worcester Mass back in the early eighties with idea of retoration but I never seem to have the money to do it justice. It has a new lead pipe made by Matt Walters of Dillons and had a few dings out of the Bell and resoldered some braces. It was origanally Silver plated and has worn of in many places. The size and shape are very similar to the Yamaha 321 Eb and it really has the look of an oversized Euphonium. I have used it in Concert band, Tuba quartet and especially Tuba Christmas. I made a gig bag for the horn and it is small enough to ship UPS in a box. I paid $15 for the horn and have put about $650 into it to get it into playable conditon. Asking price for the Tuba and gigbag without mouthpiece is $650 + $50 S&H. If you would like pictures I can email them but I have no way of posting them otherwise. I have played this horn alot and really like it alot but it is time to let it go. Thanks for looking.......
Randy Mac Iver

Follow Ups: