Re: Re: Re: Re: Conn CC Tubas!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Marcus on October 26, 2002 at 09:48:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Conn CC Tubas! posted by js on October 25, 2002 at 20:43:08:

Now that I'm at my store, and I'm looking at the actual magazine article (mind you, it IS a press release, so it has its "spin"), here's what it says about the integrity of the respective brand names:

"Conn-Selmer will continue to offer instruments and accessories under two sales groups. The C.G. Conn group, formerly United Musical Instruments, will continue to offer Armstrong, Artley, Benge, C.G. Conn, King, and Scherl & Roth products. The Selmer group will promote Bach, Buescher, Emerson, Glaesel, Wm. Lewis & Son, Ludwig, Musser, and Selmer products.

"'Dealers for each brand group should see little difference with the new organization, and brand promotion to educators and consumers will be strengthened,' said Tabor Stamper, Conn-Selmer vice-president of sales. 'Existing sales forces will remain intact...'

"The C.G. Conn name was chosen for United Musical Instruments product group because of its overwhelming importance in band instrument manufacturing and development for more than a century.

"'The name has wide international appeal,' said Tom Burzycki, Conn-Selmer president. 'In addition, the name Selmer has been recognized for its high-quality professional and student instruments for more than 80 years. While these two brands represent the flagships of our brand equity, every other brand in the Conn-Selmer group has unique qualities which we will continue to foster.'"

Follow Ups: