Re: Help me Decide on a Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mat on October 29, 2002 at 07:36:49:

In Reply to: Help me Decide on a Tuba posted by Thomas on October 28, 2002 at 17:54:18:

i personally own a pt-6ps, the exact same model that you are considering an can give you a bit of information on the horn, and my perception of it in general.
my opinion about the pt-6p is that it has a characteristically brilliant, projecting, commanding german sound from your Cc up. I'm a big guy, and sort of like to blow through my tuba, and the pt-allows this, except for your Bb down. There is more resistance from you regular Cc down than you'd expect. Apart from this, it's great. I especially love the instrument in quintet, because you can pick stuff off nice and clearly while giving a big dark sound. Though, if I were playing in a big symphony, i'd either go for something bigger bore wize, or something a little more "AMerican"(shirt lead-pipe/tubing, fat, big belled, massive, and deep sounding), though i'd probably miss the projection and brilliance of the pt if I did. depends on what you're looking for.
cheerz,

Follow Ups: