SRTEC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike dunn on October 31, 2002 at 11:13:13:

I’d like to use this forum to announce plans for the upcoming SRTEC (Southeast Regional Tuba/Euphonium Conference). This event will be hosted by the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL beginning at noon on Friday, Feb. 14 running through the afternoon of Sunday, Feb. 16, 2003. All events will be held in the Moody Music Building on the University of Alabama campus. We have prepared a flyer containing all pertinent information and it will be ready to mail to all I.T.E.A. members in the Southeast Region in the coming week. If you are not an ITEA member (you should be) and would like to be included in this mailing…please e-mail me privately and I’ll include your name on the list. A website with a conference link including all conference details will be ready soon and I’ll notify everyone here as to the web address when we’re ready to launch. We are still in the process of finalizing the schedule of performers and events but a tentative schedule follows. In addition to hearing professional players and teachers and attending various lectures and master-classes, one of the primary goals of this conference is to provide more opportunities for students and amateurs to play and be heard. To see how we intend to address this issue please see the information listed on the upcoming flyer. If you’re interested in pre-registering for this event you’ll be able to do so on the upcoming website or by mailing in the attached form on the flyer mailing. Here’s the tentative schedule…hope to see as many of you as possible. Any questions…drop me a line (AT) mdunn(AT)music.ua.edu

I.T.E.A.-Southeast Regional Tuba/Euphonium Conference
(Tentative Schedule)

Friday, Feb. 14:
12:00 – 1:30 Faculty Recital (featuring 4 artists (AT) 20 min. ea.)
1:30 – 3:00 Student Recital (featuring 5 student soloists) 3:00 – 4:00 Clinic /Lectures
4:00 – 5:30 Breakout Ensembles & Band Director Clinics
5:30 –7:30 Dinner Break
7:30 – end Evening Concert featuring select soloists
Saturday, Feb. 15:
8:00 – 9:00 Early group warm-up session
9:00 – 10:30 Faculty Recitals (4 (AT) 20 min. ea.)
10:30 – 12:00 Audition Class…open interactive auditions
12:00 –1:30 College Ensembles (3) & Lunch
1:30 – 3:00 Clinic/Master classes
3:00 – 4:00 Clinic/Breakout Ensembles
4:00 – 5:30 Faculty recitals
5:30 – 7:30 Dinner Break
7:30 – end Formal Concert : Sotto Voce Tuba Quartet
After Hours at 4th and 23rd…with various Jazz Artists
Sunday. Feb. 16:
8:00 – 9:00 Early group warm-up session
9:00 – 10:30 Breakfast/ITEA Meeting
10:30 – 12:00 College Ensembles (3)