Re: Wanted: Miraphone 186 CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Langenberg on October 31, 2002 at 20:01:41:

In Reply to: Wanted: Miraphone 186 CC posted by Martin on October 22, 2002 at 22:57:32:

If you're still looking I am thinkin about sellin my horn. It's a 186 CC 5V all rotor. It is 2 years old. The first and fourth valve have been ventelated in order to adjust slides without the pressure pop, which is quite convienent, this was done by Al Baer of the Milwaukee Symph. I picked the horn out of 20 different 186's at Brass Wind and have gotten high regards about the horn from Al Baer (Milwaukee Symphony), David Stull (Oberlin Conservatory, Bryan McElanhy (Baldwin Wallace Conservatory, Rodchester Phil), Charlie Schuchat (Northern Illinois, Chicago College of Music(Roosevelt Univ), Elgin Symphony Orchestra), as well as many other free lance musicians. The horn plays very well in tune and the valves are excelent. As far as the condition of the horn: There are a few small nicks in the bell and bottom bow and just normal wear and tear. The horn still looks beautiful. All the lacquor is intact and the slides all move well. I have a case but I'm not sure if I'm actually gonna sell it. Let me know if you are interested

Follow Ups: