Re: TubaJoe not on the radio??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by joe exley on October 01, 2003 at 18:34:35:

In Reply to: TubaJoe not on the radio?? posted by Allison on October 01, 2003 at 15:26:09:

Thanks for trying to tune in -- the featured artist was free-jazz/free-improv tubist Jesse Dulman and we had not much of an idea what to expect – it is a radio show devoted to "new music" and free improvisation and Jesse simply invited me to join him -- it was in effect his gig and his music.

I did play, but most of the playing was Jesse.

It was "outside stuff" which has its place, and I agree can be challenging to listen to at times, at the same time, it provides a place where the tuba can roam free.

BUT --- if you want to hear some of MY stuff, which is totally different and more inside and groovy, check out my website www.tubajoe.com -- there are some fun impromptu jams posted there (and you dont have to tune in at a certain time to listen)

Again thanks though for trying to tune in -- I didn't think anyone would actually do it!!

On a side note, I had no idea there would be a bari sax and bone player (some gigs you never know what to expect until you show up!), but the bari player, Dave Sewelson, may be familiar to some of you – he played with the band Beat Science (with Ron Caswell on tuba) up at the Northeast Tuba/Euph Conference in Amherst, Mass earlier this year. I had no idea he would be part of the radio show, but he is a good friend to tuba players...

The DJ was totally interested in the tuba and wanted to know all about it – which was great, simply because ANY folks on the press side of things that dig the tuba and are into it, is a VERY VERY good thing! So, kudos to the station for wanting to feature Jesse and preach the word of tuba!!

peace!!

joe

---------------
joe exley, TUBA
NYC
www.tubajoe.com

Follow Ups: