Re: Re: The Wham of Sam: tubist?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on October 03, 2003 at 21:23:57:

In Reply to: Re: The Wham of Sam: tubist? posted by Chuck Jackson on October 03, 2003 at 20:30:35:

What I am looking for specifically is who is doing the fine playing on the album "The Wham of Sam" as the licks in octaves with the low trumpet in spots are really full of accent in all the correct places, matching the lead quite well. This guy was not just some tuba jack that could also lay down accurate swing rhythms well enough to stay our of danger; this guy has the feel that so many of us lack when compared to many bone and trumpet players (and that most french hornists seem to not even feel or hear . . . got to love horn players that CAN swing, but man, are they rare or what?)

Great info, however. If you are able to get some real, hard information on this relatively unknown part of our collective history, you should write it up as a scholarly article for the Journal, as well as posting it here. I am always interested how others made it as players in the past, and the Vegas thing is admittedly cool.

Thanks, Chuck!

Wade "I can do a pretty decent impersonation of jazzer on gigs, so I keep getting hired: those silly fools" Rackley

Follow Ups: