Re: Euph mpc: Bowman vs Lehman

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Brooke on October 18, 2003 at 13:03:10:

In Reply to: Euph mpc: Bowman vs Lehman posted by Lyle M. Hill on October 18, 2003 at 09:15:30:

I've owned both and they are very different. I play a Willson 2900 and did not like the sound that either produced. I found both to make a bright sound, so I returned to my 51D. The Lehman has a very deep funnel shape, much deeper than than the BB1, and a larger rim diameter. Unless you play alot, that is, several hours a day, you may find the Lehman very hard to handle, as it is very tiring to use. As I said above, I found the Lehman to produce a rather bright, buzzy sound with the 2900 (I heard this same complaint from another player that used the Lehman with a 2900). You must remember, the Lehman was designed for one particular person, playing one particular model horn and was never intended to be a generally produced mouthpiece. The BBI is a little deeper than the 51D, but has a more conical shape. Also, I find that the rim feels a bit smaller than the 51D. However, I find that the sound is brighter than the 51D.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Follow Ups: