Re: Big Ten Music Schools Ranking

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex Lapins on October 21, 2003 at 14:35:39:

In Reply to: Big Ten Music Schools Ranking posted by Student on October 21, 2003 at 13:49:25:

oh, man. I don't want to express much of an opinion on this super touchy subject. I will say that Illinois should definitley be higher up; that's a top tier school.

I've attended two of the very best here as a grad student and visited/auditioned for almost all the others. you've got to visit these places and meet with these teachers. Several of these schools are a few of the best music schools in the world, and you will have radically different experiences as a musician and as a person in each of these places.

also, why a big 10 school? is the campus environment important? it should be. there's a big difference between Evanston and Columbus. this needs investigation, too.

maybe email is the best way for specific opinions to be expressed without major bickering.

anyway, i'm full of opinions, and some of them are even informed. so email me if you want some more thoughts. this is all i'm going to say in public.

Follow Ups: