Re: Acousticoil

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on October 23, 2003 at 11:17:31:

In Reply to: Acousticoil posted by What is is? on October 22, 2003 at 20:27:52:

I tried one that a friend of mine had bought back in the early '90's. I did "feel" a difference more than I heard one and decided to try it more over the next week. I did not purchase one for myself because the change for me was small and there was not a noticable change in sound to the other musicians I was performing with. But, if you are a "feel" player more than a "conceptual" player, it would probably make a greater impact on how you feel playing your instrument. (Probably more confident since things seem to feel more in control)

Do I think it is worth the shot it will make a difference for you or your students? It is only $35 and it has a money back guarantee, so sure, give it a shot for you and see what you think. I do think that some "gadgets" make players think they are better than they really are, so I would consider that in your reccommendation to students.

I do not think this is a "rip-off" item like some have implied. I think the seller is legitimate and honors his guarantee. It is one thing to not reccommend a product due to its musical worth based on your personnal experiences. But it is entirely wrong to say that the product was designed to steal your money.

Just my thoughts on the subject. Good luck in all you do.

Mark

Follow Ups: