Re: Any info. on Charlotte Symphony???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Mills on October 26, 2003 at 23:24:01:

In Reply to: Any info. on Charlotte Symphony??? posted by Dave Palmer on October 25, 2003 at 23:14:35:

The strike continues.We just played 3 perfs of Nabucco , free-lance with our opera company. nabucco has some tough arpeggio licks and lots of soli stuff without the bones.Our dispute is indeed our "perfect storm"-shaping up as a lose/lose proposition.Mgt. just submitted a "final offer' to the players for an up or down vote, our committee and lawyer Lenny Lebowitz recommended we reject it and we did overwhelmingly. There's a power struggle, with Exec Director and new German Music director trying to invade some sacred territory re: national audition process.Basically, we are a severely dysfunctional organization,the current disaster is a culmination of 5 or 6 years of non communication, constant bitching, mistrust, old, confrontational relationship models/an absentee landlord for music director the economy stinks even in this banking center. Hey but we got 2 pro sports teams, Nascar,2 of the top 5 banks. I don't listen to classical music anymore.Just jazz and NPR. But I still love my 45SLP.Thanks for the concern.Dave M

Follow Ups: