Re: Meinl Weston 2155 vs Meinl Weston 2155s?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul on October 27, 2003 at 14:41:05:

In Reply to: Meinl Weston 2155 vs Meinl Weston 2155s? posted by Brandon Ostrom on October 26, 2003 at 22:36:34:

I decided to buy a 2155 over a year ago. I sat down at Dillon's with a number of new and used horns and I finally settled on a brand new silver 2155 (which played more in tune than a couple of the MW2000s I have tried!). It was a lucky find and I am very happy with it. In the end I bought the silver for purely aesthetic reasons. Matt Walters made it easier for me by charging way less than half of the price difference you mentioned though. The biggest factors were the tuning of the individual instrument and they fact that my 2155 has the new "big vlaves". The horn blows bigger for me, but some don't like the big valves because they are literally a handfull.

As I am sure many will tell you, the only true measure is to try out as many horns as you can. You may have to travel far to do it, but you will meet some interesting people, and you will definitely end up with a horn that you like. When it comes to investing in a serious horn, you cannot afford the risk of not doing so.

If you are near the Philadelphia area, you are welcome to try out my horn.

Follow Ups: